December 12, 2014 - Raleigh, NC
2014 International Human Rights Award Dinner
- What: The Human Rights Coalition of North Carolina will honor Khalilah Sabra of Raleigh with the 18th Annual Human Rights Award. Following dinner, Sabra will speak on "Seeking a Better World."
- Who: Khalilah Sabra is executive director of the Muslim American Society Immigrant Justice Center, which is dedicated to ensuring human-rights protection and access to justice for all immigrants, refugees, and asylum-seekers. She also serves on the Board of Directors of North Carolina Peace Action and is a member of the Rights Working Group, which is committed to ending racial and religious profiling.
- When: Thursday, December 12, 2014. Social hour wil begin at 6:30 p.m. and dinner is at 7:15. A cash wine bar will be available.
- Reservations: Cost is $35 a person. Payment must be received on or before Friday, December 6. For additional information, please call Josh McIntyre at 919-834-4478.
February 15, 2014 - Chapel Hill, NC
The 45th Annual Frank Porter Graham Awards Ceremony
- The ACLU-NC will hold its annual awards ceremony at 5 p.m., Saturday, February 15, at the William and Ida Friday Center, 100 Friday Center Drive, Chapel Hill, NC, 27599.
- This year's keynote speaker will be Bryan Stevenson, Executive Director of the Equal Justice Initiative.
- We will be honoring Lewis Pitts with the Frank Porter Graham Award, Sen. Ellie Kinnaird with the ACLU-NC Award, Robert Hurley with the Paul Green Award, and Connie Vetter with the Sharon Thompson Award. Read more about the award recipients here.
- Reservations: Individual reservations are $100 per person. Purchase a table for ten people for $1,000 to be a sponsor of this event. Sponsors will be recognized in the program and at the event, and a placard will be placed on your table. Deadline to RSVP is February 7, 2014. Call 919-834-3466 for details.